Gun violence is one of the significant issues America is currently facing. Approximately 40,000 Americans die every year as a result of firearm injuries, and many more are wounded for a lifetime. Some of the gun violence incidents are mass shootings that happen in public places and make the headlines while others are suicides that don’t make it to the headlines. Both gun violence incidents are devastating to families that are left behind. There is an alarming rise in the number of gun violence incidents since Donald Trump assumed office as the President of the United States. Even with a steep increase in gun violence incidents, President Trump and his administration haven’t come up with a plan to end the epidemic.
Vice President, Joe Biden has a proven record of fighting and winning against National Rifle Association (NRA). In 1993, he took the stage twice to establish background check systems that prevented more than 3 million firearms out of dangerous hands. Even in 1994, Biden along with Senator Dianne Feinstein was responsible for securing a 10 -year ban on assault weapons. It is now the right time to defeat the NRA and end the epidemic of gun violence. As the President of the United States, Joe Biden will defeat the NRA again. Biden has a specific set of ideas and plans for the same.
Here are the proposals by Joe Biden to end the Gun Violence Epidemic:
1. In 2012, the Obama-Biden administration took more than twenty actions, including the”gun-show loophole.”
2. Their actions included increasing the number of records in the background check system.
3. To hold gun manufacturers responsible. Biden has already tried to pass this bill in 2005, but gun manufacturers successfully lobbied Congress to secure the passage of the law. Biden will repeal it now.
4. Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons.
5. Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.
6. Institute a new program to buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities.
7. Reduce stockpiling of weapons and will bring legislation to restrict the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.
8. Keep guns out of dangerous hands
9. Compulsory background checks for all gun sales.
10. Eliminate the “hate crime loophole.”
11. Biden will put an end to the online sale of firearms and ammunition.
12. Create an effective program to ensure individuals who become prohibited from possessing firearms surrender their weapons.
13. To give states the authority to provide incentives to set up gun licensing programs.
14. Biden will establish a new Task Force on Online Harassment and Abuse to focus on the connection between mass shootings, online harassment, extremism, and violence against women.
15. Build an ecosystem, ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns.
16. Making adults accountable for giving minors access to firearms.
17. To create a path where owners can report if their weapon is lost or stolen.
18. Providing complete support for the survivors of violence and their communities.
19. Build a network of trauma care centers.
20. Make federal programs more user-friendly.
Dr. Dhillon Randeep
NEW DELHI: President Joe Biden referred to the shooting at the Oak Creek Gurdwara in Wisconsin, w..
WASHINGTON: The question of whether President Joe Biden, the oldest person to hold the office in ..