Joe Biden’s campaign for the 2020 US elections is in full flow. Biden has been working very hard to reach every corner of the United States to pitch in his ideas and policies to US citizens. His social media campaign is also on top-notch parallelly. It is almost definite that Biden will be the presidential nominee from the Democratic party and will fight against sitting President Donald Trump of Republican party. Earlier, Biden released his ideas for the implementation of different plans like Climate Change, Veterans plan, Healthcare, Gun control, etc. Now he released the Immigrants plan as a part of his campaign.
In his plan, Biden criticized Donald Trump for ill-treating desperate mothers, fathers, and children who were seeking safety and better help. He further added - “ Trump starting a never-ending war on our values as a nation of immigrants.” Presently, the immigration system of the US is under high stress, and it needs to be revamped. Biden proposed his ideas, to make necessary changes to our immigration plan. Here are some of the crucial features of the program:
1. As the President of the United States, Joe Biden will pursue policies that will safeguard our security and enhance our economy.
2. Biden will take immediate action to revoke the damage by Trump, which will eventually help to reclaim America’s values.
3. Modernization of the US immigration system and welcoming of immigrants into our communities.
4. Implementation of effective border screening.
5. Effective ways to tackle the root causes of irregular migration.
6. Sticking to America’s commitment to refugees and asylum-seekers.
7. Implementation of Fair and Humane Immigration system.
8. In his first 100 days, Biden will immediately reverse Trump’s clueless policies that separate children from their parents.
9. Put an end to Trump’s inimical asylum policies.
10. Clearing the mismanagement in the asylum process, which is now leading to violence and mobs at the border.
11. Increasing humanitarian resources to strengthen public-private initiatives.
12. Termination of prolonged detention and solve it by case management process.
13. Revoking Donald Trump’s public charge rule.
14. Protect Dreamers and their families.
15. Restoration of sensible enforcement priorities.
16. Expansion of opportunities for people who risked their lives in military service.
17. Defending the naturalization process for green cardholders.
18. Reforms to strengthen the visa program for temporary workers in select industries.
19. Legalization for agriculture workers who have been working for years on US farms.
20. Rejecting the false choice between family-based and employment-based immigration.
21. Rising the number of visas offered for permanent and work-based immigrants.
22. Creation of a new visa category that allows cities and countries to raise a petition for higher levels of immigrants to support their growth.
23. Enforcing the rules to protect American and foreign workers uniformly.
24. Rising the number of visas offered for domestic violence survivors.
25. Restoration of asylum eligibility for domestic violence survivors.
26. Doubling the number of court staff, immigration judges, and interpreters.
27. Termination of “for-profit” detention centers.
28. Improving technology used at the border and cross-agency collaboration.
As per the landmark judgment by the United States Supreme Court in 2010, the government has no ri..
Former Vice President Joe Biden and Senator Bernier Sanders, along with Elizabeth Warren, are pre..