The eighth edition of the Democratic debate took place on 7th February in Saint Anselm College, Manchester, New Hampshire. We are almost at the end of the democratic debates, as there are only two debates left after this. ABC News, WMUR-TV, and Apple News jointly hosted the session. Delaney suspended his campaign between the seventh and eighth debates. Candidates who were qualified for the eighth Democratic debate are Yang, Warren, Biden, Buttigieg, Steyer, Klobuchar, and Sanders.
Here are the highlights from the debate:
1. Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, and Buttigieg got the highest airtime among the seven candidates.
2. Youngest nominee Pete Buttigieg received attacks from all the members on the stage.
3. Pete had an exchange about job experience with Biden and political courage with Amy Klobuchar.
4. Bernie Sanders talked about the universal, government-funded “Medicare for All” health care plan.
5. Senator Elizabeth Warren received one of the loudest cheers of the night after Joe Biden, and she called for a national law to protect the right of a woman’s choice to have an abortion or not.
6. Billionaire Tom Steyer spoke about welcoming a more diverse coalition into the Democratic party.
7. On the other hand, Yang repeated his old central campaign promise to implement a universal basic income plan.
8. Interestingly, this debate also had moments of solidarity like hugs between the candidates, while they ripped apart President Trump.
9. Biden predicted his performance in the upcoming New Hampshire primary and vowed that he is still the best candidate to send Trump packing from the White House in November.
10. Almost all the candidates attacked Trump for his remarks on Biden’s son.
President Joe Biden reported Saturday that Champ, the more established of the family's two ca..
U.S. President Joe Biden plans to own Israel's new president, Reuven Rivlin, at the White House o..