The fifth Democratic Party's Presidential debate was hosted by MSNBC at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta. This is the fifth Democratic debate to decide the opponent who is going to fight the 2020 US elections against President Donald Trump. Ten candidates were involved in the debate, which was moderated by Rachel Maddow, Andrea Mitchell, Kristen Welker, and Ashley Parker. Here are some of the highlights from the fourth Democratic Debate:
1. Following candidates qualified for the fifth Democratic debate: Biden, Booker, Buttigieg, Gabbard, Harris, Klobuchar, Sanders, Steyer, Warren and Yang.
2. The focus of the fifth dem debate was on South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who has recently surged in Iowa polls.
3. Average air time has reduced approximately by 1 minute in the fifth debate when compared to the fourth dem debate.
4. Average air time was 11 minutes with Warren, Buttigieg and Joe Biden taking the top three spots.
5. Elizabeth Warren topped the list of air time consecutively for the second time with 13.5 minutes.
6. The debate also saw much of anger diverted towards Donald Trump.
7. Bernie Sanders called him “the most corrupt President in the history of the United States”
8. Amy Jean Klobuchar, senior US senator from Minnesota added, if you think a woman can’t beat Donald Trump - Nancy Pelosi does it every single day.” Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker of the US House of representatives who ordered an impeachment against Trump.
9. Vice President Joe Biden disagreed with the chants of “lock him up” for Donald Trump. He said if he is elected he would not order Trump to be criminally investigated.
10. Biden also disagreed with legalizing marijuana. Senator Cory Booker was surprised at Biden’s decision.
11. Next Trump’s impeachment took center stage of the debate.
12. The fourth day of impeachment hearings in the House concluded shortly before the dem debate started. So, the candidates took this as an opportunity to express their views on the impeachment.
13. Kamala Harris once again took on Tulsi Gabbard. She said, “Gabbard was the democratic candidate who has criticized Obama full-time during the time of his Presidency” and also accused her of attacking fellow Democrats who were sharing the stage.
14. Gabbard hit back saying - “she continues to traffic in lies as she cannot challenge the argument that I’m making.”
15. Philanthropist Tom Steyer took Joe Biden over the climate issue. He said - “ the only person on this stage who will say that the climate is the #1 priority for me. Biden and Warren won’t say it.” He continued - “ I’d use the emergency powers of the President and declare the emergency on day one.”
16. Vice President Biden hit back saying - “ I don’t need a lecture from my friend. I completely believe that climate change is a threat to humanity.”
Dr. Dhillon Randeep
President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial opened in the US Senate on Thursday. Trump was voted..
As a part of his campaign trail, Joe Biden is expressing his views on a wide range of issues. Man..