CNN hosted the seventh Democratic debate at Drake University in Iowa. This is the seventh Democratic debate of the total ten to decide the opponent who is going to fight the 2020 US elections against President Donald Trump. Only six candidates were involved in the debate, which was moderated by Wolf Blitzer, Brianne Pfannenstiel, and Abby Phillip. Here are some of the highlights from the seventh Democratic Debate:
1. Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, and Steyer are the six candidates who qualified and participated in the debate.
2. Candidates discussed issues of foreign policy, Trump impeachment, Iowa caucuses, and sexism.
3. Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden started the debate arguing the Iraq War authorization vote in 2002.
4. Sanders blamed Biden’s foreign policy, which was past advocacy for Social Security cuts. However, Sander’s looming criticism on Biden didn’t work.
5. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders got the highest airtime of 18.9 minutes and 17.8 minutes, respectively.
6. The stage was set on fire based on Sanders’s comments that a woman couldn’t win the Presidential elections.
7. Later Sanders clarified it with a flat denial - “As a matter of fact, I didn’t say that women can’t win. Anybody who knows me can vouch for that.”
8. Joe Biden spoke about the Iraq war, which was mispresented on the campaign trail. Biden gave a clear explanation regarding his stand on the Iraq war.
9. When the moderator asked, “Is Biden ready for Trump?” Vice President replied very confidently. He said - “I’m prepared for that. I’ve been the object of his affection now more than anybody else on the stage. I’ve taken all the hits he can deliver, and I’m getting better with every new poll.”
10. He further mentioned the strong African-American support he enjoys from the working-class people where he comes from i.e., Delaware and Pennsylvania.
11. Joe Biden also clarified that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi didn’t have any choice but to proceed with the impeachment against President Donald Trump.
12. “Even though the Republican-led Senate will vote to acquit him, I feel that I’ve done my job to bring him to the impeachment process,” he further added.
For the world’s biggest companies, the world wide tax program is proving the adage that you sim..
When it comes to issues such as unaccompanied children crossing the Mexico border, Biden Presiden..