The working middle class builds America is the one constant thing Joe Biden always believes in. Strong working unions have built the American middle class. The necessary facilities like 40 hour work week, paid leave, health care is available because of the organizing and collective effort of the workers union. However, there is a war on organizing, collective bargaining, unions, and the issue is getting worse under the leadership of President Donald Trump. His Republican party Governors across the country have supported anti-worker legislation to cut the labor movement. Several states have decimated the rights of public sector workers. The results of all those are crystal clear - rising income inequality, stagnant real wages, the loss of pensions, exploitation of workers.
To fix the above issues, Biden proposed a plan to grow stronger and more inclusive for the middle class. Here are the ideas put forth by Joe Biden:
1. Eliminate the abuse of corporate power over labor.
2. Hold corporate executives accountable for violation of labor laws.
3. Ensure that workers are treated with dignity.
4. Ensure that workers receive pay and benefits promptly.
5. Pursue employers aggressively who violate labor laws, who participate in wage theft or cheat on the taxes intentionally.
6. Ensure dollars do not flow to employers who engage in union-busting activities.
7. Penalize companies that bargain in bad faith.
8. Incentivize Union organizing and collective bargaining.
9. Make it easier for workers to choose to join any union.
10. Federal guarantees for public sector employees to bargain for their rights and better pay.
11. Completely ban state laws prohibiting unions from collecting dues.
12. Establish a cabinet-level working group that will focus on promoting union organizing.
13. Ensuring workers can exercise their right to strike without fear of reprisal.
14. Restart and expand protections for federal employees.
US President Joe Biden and South Korea's newly sworn-in President Yoon Suk-yeol said Saturday..
President Joe Biden departs on a six-day trip to South Korea and Japan aiming to build rapport wi..